Saturday, October 2, 2010

The One and Only Cafe

I came to this cafe on the Danforth today as part of my Indie Cofee Passport tour.

I started off by heading there with the goal of getting some school work done. I had a beautiful soothing  rooibos loose leaf tea. The atmosphere of the place was very inviting. Lighting is always a big one for me and I felt at home welcomed here right away as the barista was very helpful and friendly.

When I was done work I realized there's actually a bar attached to the coffee house. They are actually called "The Only". So they work together. They've got a good thing going on here though because both the bar and cafe are host to some delicious and unique drinks. So at "The Only", the first thing I noticed was the very extensive collection of beer from around the world lining the backwall fridge. So many types I have never seen. I figured I just HAD to try one before I left. I mentioned I am not usually a traditional beer lover and tend to go for the fruity type. The bartender immediately suggested I try the Amsterdam "Strong Framboise beer" Sitting in at 6.5% alcohol - I guess that's what they call strong. Regardless, it was delicious and fruity, but NOT too sweet...key for me!

So all in all, I highly recommend both parts of this establishment. Start your outing at the cafe then move over to the bar for a yummy, very well priced pint or bottle of beer. Best of all, look forward to being welcomed by a friendly staff!

Amsterdam Strong Framboise beer

The One and Only Cafe
Located at 966 Danforth (neer Greenwood)

No comments:

Post a Comment