Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday Brunch at Lola's Commissary

Went to brunch at Lola's Commissary on Church street today witih my bro. Right from the moment we walked in we were impressed by the building and decor. The exposed brick walls lined with paintings and the simply furnished open space made for an inviting place to want to sit in and relax on a slow halloween sunday.


Bro got Eggs Lola: poached eggs, ancho chicken, tortillas, avocado, la vaquita (sheep’s milk crème fraiche). Looked amazing. (and dish was scarfed down at the speed to confirm the presumption..)


I got the Egg White Frittata . filled with goat’s cheese, mushrooms, spinach, hemp pesto.the flavours were magical..


Was originally going to get the Eggsmopolitan - their version of the salmon benny - always a brunch favorite of mine, but unfortunatetely they were out of salmon today. I guess I'll have to go back verrrry soon to get my fix.
I am indeed looking forward taking a friend there for my next visit.


The menu boasts both sweet and savoury dishes as well as vegetarian options. So suitable for all tastes.
Enjoy!


                                               Egg white frittata..with rye toast and "sexy potatoes"
                                               (mix of sweet and roasted potatoes)


Lola's Commissary
634 Church St.
http://www.lolascommissary.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment