Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lunch at Utopia Cafe

I've been to Utopia Cafe 3 times and have never been disapointed. They have a killer menu (by that i mean in quality aaand quanitity...very long) But the restaurant doesn't suffer from the usual downfalls of places offering a large menu - usually being the quality of the food!
Not only is it good, but be prepared to take half of it home as the portions are huuge...but still serve up some healthy and fresh ingredients. What I love about this place is they don't skimp on the veges and greens. I've experienced too many dinners out where the restaurant's salad is composed of a few lonely pieces of lettuce.

For this particular meal, my parents were over for a visit from Montreal, and as I know my mom loves her salads, I figured it would be a great place to take them for a nice lunch on a beautiful sunday afternoon.
My dad got a lamb and brie wrap (yes sounds quite rich...but oh so good, and just spicy enough to keep you wanting more). But to my complete shock, my father, who I have never seen leave anything on his plate, couldn't finish the decadant sandwich. This only due to the fact that it was humongous and rich enough to make up 3 meals for a regular person!
My mother got a shrimp curry salad. The dozen or so shrimp were prepared in a spicey indian rub and covered a beatiful bed of lettuce.

But I must admit I as "the winner!" (common expression my mother uses for the person who seems to have chosen the best meal out of all those at the table!)

I couldn't resist..I got the warm goat cheese and mushroom salad. I added a tender marinated chicken breast to the order and the plate was perfect in terms of flavors and texture. I- ate the whole thing! Granted I can live off salad.

So for those of you who love fresh ingredients, and a lot of them - along with friendly, no fuss service - check out Utopia.

P.S. They also have the vegetarian friendly option to subsitute any of the meat dishes with tofu! This is great news to any or my vegetarian and vegan friends! Now everyone can go out together and enjoy a top notch lunch or dinner right in the heart of the trendy College street strip.


My salad- "Objects in picture are muuuuuch larger than they appear"



Located at:

586 College St (corner Clinton St.)

No comments:

Post a Comment